Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ideas for Teacher's Day 2014






"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops". - Henry Adams


Here are some ideas on how you can show your appreciation to your teacher today:


Juliette A.: My son has taken a small present to his teacher each day this week. He also wrote Thank You notes to all of his teachers.


Osama H.: I thanked my teacher for her hard work and effort throughout the year.


Anonymous: I put together a video featuring various kids from around the school telling their teachers why they thought they were special. I will show it to our teachers and staff that morning!


Bassam A.: Bringing dessert today and Starbucks every morning. How do I thank the one that cares for my daughter everyday?


Rawan C.: Made gift baskets full of fresh fruit and things to pamper themselves with :)


Hilda F.: All my children made their teachers a card, and I sent them an email to let them know how much our family appreciates them.


Silva S.: Our school does a whole list of things for our teachers! They host a luncheon and bring in cake. They also get the kids to write thank you notes.


Thalia B.: I work in a primary school and the teachers love it when a former student drops by to tell them how great they were. One of my facebook friends is a former teacher from when I was 12 and he had an awesome impact on my life and I let him know this.

A special thank you to all my teachers who sacrificed their time and health to give us good education and share their knowledge, and to my students who showed me all respect and appreciation even without saying a word!



By Heidi Shebaro


Founder of "The Kindness Project in the Middle East", a teacher and a blogger


No comments: