Monday, March 3, 2014

Give Mom a card on Mother's Day

I know what you are going to say.. It's Hallmark commercial to write a greeting card to your mom. I am willing to do anything to make my mother happy even if it was a commercial thing for some people. For me, when words goes from the heart, it will enter another heart.




So, today write a card and tell your mom things you don't usually say. Or things you forget to tell her. 



“SHE holds the hand to help you in your First Step,

She is your First Teacher,
SHE holds your hand when You Fall Down,
SHE is the one who guides you in Life,
SHE hides you from all Trouble,
SHE is sometime Mentor,
SHE even nurses you when you Fall ill,
SHE gives you the confidence,
SHE never give False Appreciation,
SHE is the one who will scold you the most on your mistake,
She is the one who even Fight for you when you are right,
SHE is the one who believes in you when others do not,
SHE is the one who Loves you even if You don't love her,
SHE is the one who gave you LIFE,
Do You know Who is 'SHE'??
'SHE' is Mother your own MOM...” 
― Debolina Bhawal



If you have kids of your own, you can let them help decorating the card and add some kisses using a lipstick. Or if they were younger, you can do what my husband did. He bought me a card for Mother's day and paint my son's hand and let him print his hand on the card. He wrote some nice words and voila! It was a great one not because of its value, but because I know he made an effort in it.




And if you feel you don't know how to write, draw or take a photo and write I love you Mom.



This article is Day 3 of celebrating Mother's Day with acts of kindness.






By Heidi Shebaro
Founder of "The Kindness Project in the Middle East", a teacher and a blogger

No comments: