Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Drive a mom home on Mother's Day


Today, and while driving back home, if you saw a mom-to-be or a mother with children standing at the bus station, or walking.. stop and ask her if she needs a drive home. 




I know, these days, people will fear to get in the car with a stranger. She might say "no thank you". But your act of kindness went out and she will tell that story to her family that someone noticed her standing waiting or having hard time walking and stopped to ask if she needed anything. That's enough to spread kindness.



If you want to step it up, you can find a mom-to-be or a mom with children from your family and ask her if she needed a drive somewhere. She might be surprised but if she needed anything, I am sure she will take you for your offer.



“Mothers observe all, absorb all, 

give all, forgive all, 
offer all, suffer all, 
feel all, heal all, 
hope for all, pray for all.
But most of all,
Mothers love always.” 
― Richelle E. GoodrichSmile Anyway



Sometimes a pregnant woman will be living by herself for different reasons: her husband is away for work, she is a single mom.... I know when I was pregnant, my husband was away and I couldn't drive, a friend of mine used to offer to drive me to the doctor or other places. I really appreciated it and I paid it forward and drove a mama friend who couldn't drive everywhere for 2 months.



This article is Day 4 of celebrating Mother's Day with acts of kindness.



By Heidi Shebaro
Founder of "The Kindness Project in the Middle East", a teacher and a blogger

No comments: