Sunday, March 2, 2014

Help a mother on Mother's Day


“Be a Mother who is committed to loving her children into standing on higher ground than the environment surrounding them. Mothers are endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the earth.” 
― Marjorie Pay Hinckley



Today, when you go to the grocery store and you see a mother struggling with her bags and/or her kids, don't just stand there and watch. Step it up and move towards her, ask for help, hold her bags and take them to the car. 




Or if you know a mom-to-be ask her if she needs anything from the grocery store, or take her for baby stuffs shopping. She might be so overwhelmed and not knowing what to do. She will sure love the company, love a second opinion and appreciate your caring.


“Being a good mother is being a hero. Right?” 
― Francesca Lia BlockNecklace of Kisses
Help a hero today with a simple act of kindness as holding her grocery bags for her.
I remember when I was pregnant and my husband was away, I used to do everything by myself. So, one time, I was holding the grocery bags to my apartment and they kept on falling. The neighbor - who I never talked to before - was passing by and he insisted on helping me. It was a small thing but very nice of him. When my husband came back, I told him what he did and we both went and thanked him.
You don't have to do much to spread kindness in your surroundings. And when someone do this to you, you will want to do same with other and others will do it with others...

This article is Day 2 of celebrating Mother's Day with acts of kindness.


By Heidi Shebaro
Founder of "The Kindness Project in the Middle East", a teacher and a blogger

No comments: