Saturday, March 1, 2014

Call Mom for Mother's Day





Sometimes all it takes to put a smile on a mother's face is to show her that you care. Show her that you remembered her and you were thinking of her.


We are all busy and life goes by faster than ever and we all have lot of responsibilities, but when you really care about something you will find time for it.



So, take 10 minutes of your busy life and dial your mom's phone number. Say "hello", ask about her day, tell her how much you miss her even if you live in the same building. Tell her a joke, call her "just because". She will love it, she will appreciate it. She will feel blessed.



Remember, she is here today. Tomorrow she won't be.




And if your mom passed away, visit her grave and talk to her (she will be listening). 



“All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” 

― Abraham Lincoln


You owe her a visit to her grave, a prayer and a remembrance day. She is watching over you and she will smile knowing that you took time and visited her grave.



I will call my mom today and ask about her health, ask how she is doing. Tell her about us, about her grandchild, what new tricks he mastered, which new words he learned. I will ask what did she cook today, who visited her. Hear her laugh while holding my tears. Tell her that I miss her. And if my 3 years old boy was in a good mood, he will tell her "I love you teta (that's what he calls grandma)". 



This article is Day 1 of celebrating Mother's Day with acts of kindness.







By Heidi Shebaro
Founder of "The Kindness Project in the Middle East", a teacher and a blogger

No comments: